I've heard that you're happy

 I've heard that you're happy...
And I'm happy too!
Who'd ever have thought that
Without 'me and you'
That either of us
Would be happy again?
Amongst all that heartache
And unbearable pain.
The seconds turned to minutes,
To hours, to days...
And we both moved on
In our own separate ways.
The days turned to weeks,
to months...time flew by!
And now it's been years
There's been no 'you and I'.
But I truly believe that God up above
Never wanted our feelings
That we once called love
To turn into bitterness
And make us feel blue.
So I'm glad that you're happy
Because I'm happy too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow

Anonymous said...

I was so touched by reading this!!! Thank you for putting into words everything I have felt over a period of years

Unknown said...

Really georguss this is how i truly feel but regardless he doesnt but truly would still love this yo be as we had 6 of a family and we havd grandkids n hes seen them all once in ten years but i truly still eished this could be lovely x x x